Aside from tarot cards. What other divinatory tools are you using? Are you familiar with augury, sortilege, omen and spontaneous divination? Feel free to share your insights....

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Aside from tarot cards. What other divinatory tools are you using? Are you familiar with augury, sortilege, omen and spontaneous divination? Feel free to share your insights....

Conjuro
Aside from tarot cards. What other divinatory tools are you using? Are you familiar with augury, sortilege, omen and spontaneous divination? Feel free to share your insights...
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Aside from tarot cards. What other divinatory tools are you using? Are you familiar with augury, sortilege, omen and spontaneous divination? Feel free to share your insights....

tataadlaw
Administrator
I also use obi divination. This originated from traditional Yoruba religion and in Yoruba-derived Afro-American religions. Instead of coconut shells (traditional), I am using four cowrie shells to answer "yes" or "no" questions. This is my way of communicating with my personal Exu and Pombagira (Afro-brazilian spirits).

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Aside from tarot cards. What other divinatory tools are you using? Are you familiar with augury, sortilege, omen and spontaneous divination? Feel free to share your insights....

Conjuro
Thank for sharing I'm familiar with that, mine instead of coconut shell. I use four cowrie shells in consulting Papa Legba. I hollowed the obverse side of the shell. I throw it and read if it's etawa, alafia, okanran etc. Sometimes instead of the 4 cowrie shells. I put myself into trance by smoking a tobacco then offer three puffs of smoke to legba by blowing his veve with smoke then I play my drum to put me into trance. When I reached the trance state, that's the time I channel messages from Legba. I also read dreams, omens and signs.
Reply | Threaded
|

tataadlaw
Administrator
Nice! I also worked with Papa Legba before but I found my place in Kimbanda.

Reply | Threaded
|

Conjuro
That's great!
Reply | Threaded
|

Gilla
In reply to this post by Conjuro
I use i-ching as another divination tool. Trying to see if sabian symbols are for me. I've also tried using runes for a while but I stopped for some reason that escapes me.

Spontaneous divination, is that when you see something happening without meaning to? Like a vision? I don't get those often, but my partner does. His visions scare me, so I don't often ask.
May the light guide you to where you need to go and not where you want to be.
Reply | Threaded
|

Conjuro
Yes like in psychometry, aura reading o kaya omens. You don't use any tools and you utilize your psychic powers ( clairvoyance, clairaudience etc ) to gain insight.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gilla
Ah. My partner is that one who has that gift. He often doesn't share what he sees because "it would be hard to understand". To be honest, I stopped reading my cards for about a month because I felt drained from the last session I did. I became a magnet for all sorts of things, the reading was also a bit heavy. When the events slowly unfolded, it made me worry so much that I stopped.
May the light guide you to where you need to go and not where you want to be.

Home / Giveaway / Subscribe / Shop / Blog

NatureOz Logo
Abra | Agusan del Norte | Agusan del Sur | Aklan | Albay | Antique | Apayao | Aurora | Basilan | Bataan | Batanes | Batangas | Benguet | Biliran | Bohol | Bukidnon | Bulacan | Cagayan | Camarines Norte | Camarines Sur | Camiguin | Capiz | Catanduanes | Cavite | Cebu | Compostela Valley | Cotabato | Davao del Norte | Davao del Sur | Davao Occidental | Davao Oriental | Dinagat Islands | Eastern Samar | Guimaras | Ifugao | Ilocos Norte | Ilocos Sur | Iloilo | Isabela | Kalinga | | La Union | Laguna | Lanao del Norte | Lanao del Sur | Leyte | Maguindanao | Marinduque | Masbate | Metro Manila | Misamis Occidental | Misamis Oriental | Mountain Province | Negros Occidental | Negros Oriental | Northern Samar | Nueva Ecija | Occidental Mindoro | Oriental Mindoro | Palawan | Pampanga | Pangasinan | Quezon | Quirino | Rizal | Romblon | Samar | Sarangani | Siquijor | Sorsogon | South Cotabato | Southern Leyte | Sultan Kudarat | Sulu | Surigao del Norte | Surigao del Sur | Tarlac | Tawi-Tawi | Zambales | Zamboanga del Norte | Zamboanga del Sur | Zamboanga Sibugay