Do you believe in karma? Why or why not?

Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
30 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Do you believe in karma? Why or why not?

wendronwitch
Hi, I am not sure which topic to post this under but I think this topic is the closest.

I have always believed in the law of karma ever since I was young and it has guided me for years in my every action. But as I grew older and observed people and things around me, I started to think twice whether bad karma is really real because I see a lot of good people suffering and plenty of bad people living a good life and not really getting what they deserve.

I've also heard from others that karma doesn't necessarily come in the form we are expecting and may come in the next lifetime (affecting our descendants).

What are your thoughts?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Do you believe in karma? Why or why not?

tataadlaw
Administrator
The mere fact that all of our actions have consequences is enough proof that karma does exist.

Before, I also questioned its existence because I suffered for a long time while seeing a lot of bad people around me not getting what they really deserve. But that didn't stop me to do good things. Years passed by and all of my good deeds resulted to a happy and comfortable life while those people who hurt me are now suffering. Karma is not really that digital like most of us think today. It will take time for it to work because the Universe always gives bad people the chance to change their evil ways, and she also wants to see if good people will continue to do good things despite the challenges they are going through.

I also believe that if a person doesn't reap the results of his or her own karma in this lifetime, he or she will experience it on his or her next life. As I spiritual worker, I firmly believe that our children can inheret our own karma, no matter how innocent they themselves are (e.g. ang mga anak na babae ng isang amang malikot sa babae ang nagiging pambayad nito). This is why we have rituals to put an end to this so innocent people will be given a chance to live a peaceful life.
Reply | Threaded
|

wendronwitch
tataadlaw wrote
Karma is not really that digital like most of us think today. It will take time for it to work because the Universe always gives bad people the chance to change their evil ways, and she also wants to see if good people will continue to do good things despite the challenges they are going through.
I found comfort in these words.

I also got a few sudden realizations. For one, I have realized that sometimes I get so hell-bent on waiting for karma to happen to people who have wronged me or people who I know have done evil things that I devote so much of my time watching and waiting that I forget about working on myself and correcting my misdeeds. What you said is a good reminder that we all have our own karma to worry about or deal with and we shouldn't force karma's hands and let it take its own course.

Reply | Threaded
|

Miss A
In reply to this post by tataadlaw

On Wed, 27 Sep 2017 at 14:17 tataadlaw [via NatureOz Community] <[hidden email]> wrote:
The mere fact that all of our actions have consequences is enough proof that karma does exist.

Before, I also questioned its existence because I suffered for a long time while seeing a lot of bad people around me not getting what they really deserve. But that didn't stop me to do good things. Years passed by and all of my good deeds resulted to a happy and comfortable life while those people who hurt me are now suffering. Karma is not really that digital like most of us think today. It will take time for it to work because the Universe always gives the bad people the chance to change their evil ways, and the she also wants to see if the good people will continue to do good things despite the challenges they are going through.

I also believe that if a person doesn't reap the results of his or her own karma in this lifetime, he or she will experience it on his or her next life. As I spiritual worker, I firmly believe that our children can inheret our own karma, no matter how innocent they themselves are (e.g. ang mga anak na babae ng isang amang malikot sa babae ang nagiging pambayad nito). This is why we have rituals to put an end to this so innocent people will be a given a chance to live a peaceful life.

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
To start a new topic under Spirituality, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from NatureOz Community, click here.
NAML

Karma is so real. When my father was still alive, he was a womanizer. Then I grew up, started to fall in love, palagi Lang akong bigo sa pag-ibig. Hindi ko siya sinisisi but a part of me knows that I am suffering and always get my heart broken because I have to be the one to pay for my father's  mistakes. 
Reply | Threaded
|

wendronwitch
In reply to this post by wendronwitch
I have a recent incident that involves this topic as well so I want to share it here and want to know your thoughts.

A friend found out that her spouse is cheating on her.

Many friends (including myself huhu) induced her to get back at them. We feel like she needs to do something to defend herself as she is the aggrieved party. Some friends advised against it and told her to just sit it out and let karma take its course (which we honestly thought was very defeatist).

This had me thinking: hindi ba pwedeng siya na ang maging karma nung dalawa tutal naman may ginawang hindi maganda against her so kahit gumanti siya, abswelto siya sa balik na karma bilang nag-respond lang naman siya sa assault against her person and dignity? KASI PARANG SOBRANG UNFAIR TALAGA FOR HER. :( Tapos mukhang masaya pa yung dalawa and they never apologized, para sa kanila wala silang ginawang mali.

What are your thoughts?
Reply | Threaded
|

wendronwitch
In reply to this post by Miss A
Awwww. I'm so sorry to hear this. Ang unfair ng ganitong sitwasyon. Parang they get a free pass for their bad deeds and don't really get punished for their misbehavior.

Maybe you should go for that ritual sir Tata just mentioned. To help get you out of that situation.
Reply | Threaded
|

Miss A

On Wed, 27 Sep 2017 at 14:49 wendronwitch [via NatureOz Community] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Awwww. I'm so sorry to hear this. Ang unfair ng ganitong sitwasyon. Parang they get a free pass for their bad deeds and don't really get punished for their misbehavior.

Maybe you should go for that ritual sir Tata just mentioned. To help get you out of that situation.

NAML

Sigurd nga pag may time magpapa ritual na ako. Evan ko na, Kamalas ko naman sa pag-Ibig. Kaya minsan tarot na akong buksan ang push ko. Ayoko naman Ipilit ang sarili ko sa taong may gusto sakin Kung di ko gusto. Pag gusto ko naman naaagaw. May time pa, mahal ko Pero Hindi ko gusto. Gusto ko pero Hindi ko kayang mahalin. 
 Minsan napapaisip ako, Kung kelang ako nagpapakabait, Saka ako gagaguhin. 
Siguro dahil Ito sa mga naagrabyadong babas ng Tatay ko noon. Minsan yun naiisip ko...

Reply | Threaded
|

wendronwitch
Maybe it will help din if you "re-wire" your thinking. Siguro nakaka-apekto siya kasi nga dahil aware ka sa mga dating gawain ng tatay mo, hindi pa man nag-uumpisa at lumalalim ang relasyon mo iniisip mo na agad na sa hiwalayan o lokohan lang mauuwi. At ganun nga ang nangyayari. Siguro pwedeng yung nangyayari sayo besides karma is product din ng constant thought mo?

Kasi ako I have this constant thing happening to me na kapag ako eh natutulog sa hapon, pagdating ng gabi natatakot akong matulog kasi alam ko na na babangungutin ako. Ganun kasi palagi ang nangyayari sa akin. Kaya iniiwasan kong natutulog tuwing hapon kasi pagpatak ng gabi automatic na yun pagtulog ko na makaka-experience ako ng paralysis. I talked to a friend about this and she told me na siguro daw kaya ganun kasi I already wired my brain into believing na tuwing matutulog ako sa hapon, hindi ako pwedeng hindi bangungutin pag natulog ako kinagabihan. She told me to change that. Na kontrahin ko yung thinking. And that's what I did, and you know what tumigil siya. Medyo far-off yung example ko pero related kasi sa re-wiring of thoughts so yan ang binigay ko. :)
Reply | Threaded
|

Miss A

On Wed, 27 Sep 2017 at 15:15 wendronwitch [via NatureOz Community] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Maybe it will help din if you "re-wire" your thinking. Siguro nakaka-apekto siya kasi nga dahil aware ka sa mga dating gawain ng tatay mo, hindi pa man nag-uumpisa at lumalalim ang relasyon mo iniisip mo na agad na sa hiwalayan o lokohan lang mauuwi. At ganun nga ang nangyayari. Siguro pwedeng yung nangyayari sayo besides karma is product din ng constant thought mo?

Kasi ako I have this constant thing happening to me na kapag ako eh natutulog sa hapon, pagdating ng gabi natatakot akong matulog kasi alam ko na na babangungutin ako. Ganun kasi palagi ang nangyayari sa akin. Kaya iniiwasan kong natutulog tuwing hapon kasi pagpatak ng gabi automatic na yun pagtulog ko na makaka-experience ako ng paralysis. I talked to a friend about this and she told me na siguro daw kaya ganun kasi I already wired my brain into believing na tuwing matutulog ako sa hapon, hindi ako pwedeng hindi bangungutin pag natulog ako kinagabihan. She told me to change that. Na kontrahin ko yung thinking. And that's what I did, and you know what tumigil siya. Medyo far-off yung example ko pero related kasi sa re-wiring of thoughts so yan ang binigay ko. :)

NAML

Yeah ..... Pwede.... Baka nga..... 
Reply | Threaded
|

tataadlaw
Administrator
wendronwitch wrote
we all have our own karma to worry about or deal with and we shouldn't force karma's hands and let it take its own course
Exactly! So focus more on improving yourself.

Reply | Threaded
|

tataadlaw
Administrator
wendronwitch wrote
I have a recent incident that involves this topic as well so I want to share it here and want to know your thoughts.

A friend found out that her spouse is cheating on her.

Many friends (including myself huhu) induced her to get back at them. We feel like she needs to do something to defend herself as she is the aggrieved party. Some friends advised against it and told her to just sit it out and let karma take its course (which we honestly thought was very defeatist).

This had me thinking: hindi ba pwedeng siya na ang maging karma nung dalawa tutal naman may ginawang hindi maganda against her so kahit gumanti siya, abswelto siya sa balik na karma bilang nag-respond lang naman siya sa assault against her person and dignity? KASI PARANG SOBRANG UNFAIR TALAGA FOR HER. :( Tapos mukhang masaya pa yung dalawa and they never apologized, para sa kanila wala silang ginawang mali.

What are your thoughts?
The bad deeds of others should not be the reason why you do bad things in life or I must say doesn't give you the license to do evil things. "Hindi porque ginawa ng iba ay gagawin din natin." We all have our own choices in life. We are better than people who hurt us. Let's not follow their footsteps.
Reply | Threaded
|

silvermoon
Based on a small book I've had before (unfortunately my former classmate lost it) about Buddhism, the concept of karma is not necessarily about what comes back but more of actions or intentions setting the course for another action. Action begets another action. It might seem confusing at first.

I share the same sentiment that it's indeed frustrating that it's like most bad people get away unscathed despite the things they do to others. I can only hope that the concept of dharma, the concept of law and order in Buddhism, hopefully takes care of that.

Although it's also scary to note that some things, like bad genes, are inherited. My father hurt quite a few women since his youth (ironic how most of his children are women) and it's understandable why my mother often reminded me that I might suffer misfortunes because of it. I've had my share of being fooled and hurt more than once or twice that I've considered it.
"The woman is the mother of humankind.
If the woman is asleep, all of her children is asleep.
...It is time to wake up."
Reply | Threaded
|

silvermoon
I do agree with Tata Adlaw that bad people and their ways shouldn't make us want to do bad things ourselves too. But I sure feel the same that what was done to your friend was very unfair. I've been there before too. I guess, maybe she can try a spell to stir their conscience, like they would somehow feel the hurt emotion that they left. It's not a curse type of spell so I don't think it's a bad one. It just makes the other person feel or maybe at least remind them what they made you feel, particularly the hurt. I don't know if it worked for mine though since I haven't spoken with those people for so long but it had somehow helped me cope.
"The woman is the mother of humankind.
If the woman is asleep, all of her children is asleep.
...It is time to wake up."
Reply | Threaded
|

wendronwitch
In reply to this post by silvermoon
silvermoon wrote
Based on a small book I've had before (unfortunately my former classmate lost it) about Buddhism, the concept of karma is not necessarily about what comes back but more of actions or intentions setting the course for another action. Action begets another action. It might seem confusing at first.
Medyo confusing nga ito but very interesting yung konsepto. I will look more into this and try to find some reading materials related to this idea. It's refreshing to read something about karma other than the usual "you get what you give" notion.
Reply | Threaded
|

wendronwitch
In reply to this post by silvermoon
Thanks for this suggestion though. I think this is perfect since most of us her friends really want those cheaters to feel the pain she has gone through and still going through just so they would realize the gravity of what they've done.
Reply | Threaded
|

miuraraina
I can totally relate to this. Matagal akong NBSB and my concept of love was so perfect. I had my first boyfriend nung 2015. Syempre first, inisip ko siya na talaga, papakasalan ko siya pagtagal, etc. But he cheated on me. And he also never apologized for it. Sinabihan pa niya ako na maghintay lang kasi babalik din naman siya at temporary lang yung girl. Minura mura din pa ako nung girl. Ako naman, iyak lang, nagmukmok. Kasi kahit sino ata matanong about my personality, never talaga ako nakipag away. Sa sobrang bait ko nga daw, nauuto na ako ng mga tao. Pero nung tuloy tuloy talaga yun pagmemessage sakin nung girl and sobrang nadedepress na ako at nagmemessage pa yun guy na bawal ako makipagdate sa iba kasi babalikan niya ako, pero sila sobrang saya, there was a point na i wanted to curse them. To get revenge for what they've put me through. Gusto ko sila makarma ng sobra talaga. But then buti na lang hindi ko tinuloy. Naisip ko din na may reason siguro bakit ganon ang nangyari sakin. There was a point na nag let go na lang ako. Offered everything to God and the Universe. Naka-move on din ako after a year. Now i'm in a new relationship. And as far as i know, sila pa din naman at siguro masaya din.
来奈
Reply | Threaded
|

miuraraina
In reply to this post by tataadlaw
I totally agree to this, Sir. Sabi nga sakin ng mom ko about those who have hurt me, "wag ka bumaba sa level nila".
来奈
Reply | Threaded
|

wendronwitch
In reply to this post by miuraraina
miuraraina wrote
I can totally relate to this. Matagal akong NBSB and my concept of love was so perfect. I had my first boyfriend nung 2015. Syempre first, inisip ko siya na talaga, papakasalan ko siya pagtagal, etc. But he cheated on me. And he also never apologized for it. Sinabihan pa niya ako na maghintay lang kasi babalik din naman siya at temporary lang yung girl. Minura mura din pa ako nung girl. Ako naman, iyak lang, nagmukmok. Kasi kahit sino ata matanong about my personality, never talaga ako nakipag away. Sa sobrang bait ko nga daw, nauuto na ako ng mga tao. Pero nung tuloy tuloy talaga yun pagmemessage sakin nung girl and sobrang nadedepress na ako at nagmemessage pa yun guy na bawal ako makipagdate sa iba kasi babalikan niya ako, pero sila sobrang saya, there was a point na i wanted to curse them. To get revenge for what they've put me through. Gusto ko sila makarma ng sobra talaga. But then buti na lang hindi ko tinuloy. Naisip ko din na may reason siguro bakit ganon ang nangyari sakin. There was a point na nag let go na lang ako. Offered everything to God and the Universe. Naka-move on din ako after a year. Now i'm in a new relationship. And as far as i know, sila pa din naman at siguro masaya din.
WOW. GRABE. ANG KAPAL. I feel bad for the new girl because she wound up with a guy like him. Good for you though kasi you dodged a bullet.
Reply | Threaded
|

wendronwitch
In reply to this post by miuraraina
miuraraina wrote
I totally agree to this, Sir. Sabi nga sakin ng mom ko about those who have hurt me, "wag ka bumaba sa level nila".
So cliche but so true. Also, super hard to do minsan lalo na with my personality kasi medyo vindictive ako. :(
Reply | Threaded
|

miuraraina
wendronwitch wrote
WOW. GRABE. ANG KAPAL. I feel bad for the new girl because she wound up with a guy like him. Good for you though kasi you dodged a bullet.
Oo sobra. Looking back at it, buti na lang din i didn't resort to cursing and revenge. Baka nakarma din ako. Siguro karma works in time din. Not the way that i first imagined it na bigla bigla sila mamalasin and all.
来奈

Home | Shop | Blog

Abra | Agusan del Norte | Agusan del Sur | Aklan | Albay | Antique | Apayao | Aurora | Basilan | Bataan | Batanes | Batangas | Benguet | Biliran | Bohol | Bukidnon | Bulacan | Cagayan | Camarines Norte | Camarines Sur | Camiguin | Capiz | Catanduanes | Cavite | Cebu | Compostela Valley | Cotabato | Davao del Norte | Davao del Sur | Davao Occidental | Davao Oriental | Dinagat Islands | Eastern Samar | Guimaras | Ifugao | Ilocos Norte | Ilocos Sur | Iloilo | Isabela | Kalinga | | La Union | Laguna | Lanao del Norte | Lanao del Sur | Leyte | Maguindanao | Marinduque | Masbate | Metro Manila | Misamis Occidental | Misamis Oriental | Mountain Province | Negros Occidental | Negros Oriental | Northern Samar | Nueva Ecija | Occidental Mindoro | Oriental Mindoro | Palawan | Pampanga | Pangasinan | Quezon | Quirino | Rizal | Romblon | Samar | Sarangani | Siquijor | Sorsogon | South Cotabato | Southern Leyte | Sultan Kudarat | Sulu | Surigao del Norte | Surigao del Sur | Tarlac | Tawi-Tawi | Zambales | Zamboanga del Norte | Zamboanga del Sur | Zamboanga Sibugay