Do you perform rituals or any empowerment before you do divination?

Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Do you perform rituals or any empowerment before you do divination?

Conjuro
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Do you perform rituals or any empowerment before you do divination?

tataadlaw
Administrator
Yes. Before I use my tarot cards for divination, I hold it first while praying for Divine guidance and protection. Sometimes I light a candle and burn an invocation incense to invite my spiritual guides. I do this to protect myself from unwanted forces such as trickster spirits.

Reply | Threaded
|

Conjuro
In reply to this post by Conjuro
Thank you for sharing mine I light a candle and recite the prayers and invocations that are well known to Phil esoteric practitioners such the CAET CAET ( invocasion sa espiritu santo ) and Credo Pater ( Patungkol sa mga banal ). Sometimes I activate my chakras and I also place a glass of water near the cards to absorb any negativity. I hope everyone can share their own techniques.....  
Reply | Threaded
|

Gilla
In reply to this post by tataadlaw
I personally don't do prayers when I do divination (I do iching and tarot, by the way). What I do is talk to my cards and ask for guidance. Maybe others would consider this as a form of prayer but I view it more as a transfer of energy between me and my cards/coins. It works better for me because I have a lot of scorpio energy, and I noticed that my mood affects the outcome of my readings. So I try and release my energies first by talking to my cards and asking for guidance. I also thank my divinaion tools evey after a reading. It's an indirect way of thanking the Universe for answering my questions.
May the light guide you to where you need to go and not where you want to be.
Reply | Threaded
|

Conjuro
Thank you for sharing Gilla....
Reply | Threaded
|

Gilla
You're welcome :) I forgot to mention that I burn sage every so often to cleanse our house. I don't have a sanctuary yet where I can do my readings in peace, so I just do a general sweep every now and then.
Reply | Threaded
|

Conjuro
I also burn sage in cleansing. Before I burn it, I present it to the four quarters and pray to empower it for cleansing ( space or person ). Sometimes I accompany it with a feather or rattle to cleanse a person or space....  
Reply | Threaded
|

Conjuro
Sometimes I place of glass of water beside my cards to catch any negativity...
Reply | Threaded
|

Gilla
Conjuro wrote
Sometimes I place of glass of water beside my cards to catch any negativity...
My partner does the same thing. Not for divination but when he's healing someone, he needs a basin of water or a lighted candle beside him to wash away the negativity that he absorbs from the other person. He's a pretty strong empath, and I've seen him suffer when he forgets to cleanse himself. He also does tai chi before doing anything because he said it helps him stabilize his own energies.
Reply | Threaded
|

Conjuro
Yes, Actually it has many uses, you can also place a glass of water near your bed to absorb negativity, especially if you have nightmares. Just dispose it in the morning and replace it before you retire to bed. You can also place a glass of water on the table after cleansing your space or house. Offer the glass of water to the four quarters and pray to bless its content to absorb negativity. Others put iron nail,  camphor to enhance its effectiveness....

Home / Giveaway / Subscribe / Shop / Blog

NatureOz Logo
Abra | Agusan del Norte | Agusan del Sur | Aklan | Albay | Antique | Apayao | Aurora | Basilan | Bataan | Batanes | Batangas | Benguet | Biliran | Bohol | Bukidnon | Bulacan | Cagayan | Camarines Norte | Camarines Sur | Camiguin | Capiz | Catanduanes | Cavite | Cebu | Compostela Valley | Cotabato | Davao del Norte | Davao del Sur | Davao Occidental | Davao Oriental | Dinagat Islands | Eastern Samar | Guimaras | Ifugao | Ilocos Norte | Ilocos Sur | Iloilo | Isabela | Kalinga | | La Union | Laguna | Lanao del Norte | Lanao del Sur | Leyte | Maguindanao | Marinduque | Masbate | Metro Manila | Misamis Occidental | Misamis Oriental | Mountain Province | Negros Occidental | Negros Oriental | Northern Samar | Nueva Ecija | Occidental Mindoro | Oriental Mindoro | Palawan | Pampanga | Pangasinan | Quezon | Quirino | Rizal | Romblon | Samar | Sarangani | Siquijor | Sorsogon | South Cotabato | Southern Leyte | Sultan Kudarat | Sulu | Surigao del Norte | Surigao del Sur | Tarlac | Tawi-Tawi | Zambales | Zamboanga del Norte | Zamboanga del Sur | Zamboanga Sibugay