Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Empathic abilities

WhiteMage
Hello! I've made my fair share of research regarding empathy as I've been through this experience in my early college years. x((

As from what I and many other people with empathic abilities have experienced, it is the ability to be put in the shoes of other people and feel their emotions/physical conditions (Involuntarily or Voluntarily). I don't know what others' experiences are, but for me, the heaviness of the emotional web from those around me all compress at my heart-center (heart chakra) and it can be very overwhelming x(( Some people say I have social-anxiety, but it's just me preferring to be alone from time to time and have space to breathe. :(

I was just wondering if this is common among clairsentient beings? that certain period in a week/month where you suddenly wish to detach from the world due to overloads of energies and feelings??

Please, I would love to know what many other people with this empathic abilities experience?? As I get really confused at times (especially when I have nobody else to talk to that won't say I'm crazy xP ) I would love to be able to interact with people of the same situation. xDD Thank you so much!
~ Tarot-reader
~ Empath
~ Truth-seeker
~ Music-lover

<3
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Empathic abilities

tataadlaw
Administrator
Being an empath is a natural thing for most of us. The good thing about being an empath is that a person with this kind of ability can easily understand the feelings of the people around him or her. But if it's not properly dealt with, it can cause him or her to be emotionally disturbed or exhausted, thus sabotaging his or her own health in the process. If you are an empath, you don't just put your feet in the shoes of ther people, you should also act on it. Let's say you feel that your friend is going through a tough time, you don't just sit there and do nothing. You ask your friend if he or she is alright and try to make him or her feel better. This way you also release yourself from the negative emotions you voluntary o involuntary absorbed. Just a friendly reminder: "empathy without compassion is not a good thing".
Reply | Threaded
|

WhiteMage
Hi tataadlaw! Thank you for your insight and response! Yes, I was always keen on acting upon those certain negative emotions that I feel, but sadly, only to people close to me (Family and Friends). What's frightening to me is when I go out to the public, like I somehow randomly embody the energies and emotional situations of people around. It's like going out in a sea of emotions and bathing yourself with them x((

Sometimes it gets difficult because I don't wish to go ask random stranger if they were fine and etc.. I would look like a creep/psycho. xDD

But yeah, I'm quite glad that empathy is a natural state for most, I was just wondering if you (or others) have been so deeply in tune to the emotions of everybody in a certain block/area where it's almost unbearable that you just have to walk away X(( Like you can almost touch the thoughts/emotions of people most especially when those certain thoughts/emotions are directed at you (when random people stare at me etc.) It gets exhausting at times. xDD
~ Tarot-reader
~ Empath
~ Truth-seeker
~ Music-lover

<3
Reply | Threaded
|

tataadlaw
Administrator
I understand that because I, too, was experiencing that before. But you should learn how to turn off your psychic abilities for your own protection. Ask your Higher Self to turn them on only when you need them.
Reply | Threaded
|

WhiteMage
Ahh I see! That is indeed nice to know that you were able to experience such intensity. Hmm, I guess you are right. I'll start praying about being able to turn off my psychic abilities whenever I wish to from now on. Thank you so much for your insight, Mr. Tataadlaw. :D
~ Tarot-reader
~ Empath
~ Truth-seeker
~ Music-lover

<3

Home | Shop | Blog

Abra | Agusan del Norte | Agusan del Sur | Aklan | Albay | Antique | Apayao | Aurora | Basilan | Bataan | Batanes | Batangas | Benguet | Biliran | Bohol | Bukidnon | Bulacan | Cagayan | Camarines Norte | Camarines Sur | Camiguin | Capiz | Catanduanes | Cavite | Cebu | Compostela Valley | Cotabato | Davao del Norte | Davao del Sur | Davao Occidental | Davao Oriental | Dinagat Islands | Eastern Samar | Guimaras | Ifugao | Ilocos Norte | Ilocos Sur | Iloilo | Isabela | Kalinga | | La Union | Laguna | Lanao del Norte | Lanao del Sur | Leyte | Maguindanao | Marinduque | Masbate | Metro Manila | Misamis Occidental | Misamis Oriental | Mountain Province | Negros Occidental | Negros Oriental | Northern Samar | Nueva Ecija | Occidental Mindoro | Oriental Mindoro | Palawan | Pampanga | Pangasinan | Quezon | Quirino | Rizal | Romblon | Samar | Sarangani | Siquijor | Sorsogon | South Cotabato | Southern Leyte | Sultan Kudarat | Sulu | Surigao del Norte | Surigao del Sur | Tarlac | Tawi-Tawi | Zambales | Zamboanga del Norte | Zamboanga del Sur | Zamboanga Sibugay