Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Empathic abilities

WhiteMage
Hello! I've made my fair share of research regarding empathy as I've been through this experience in my early college years. x((

As from what I and many other people with empathic abilities have experienced, it is the ability to be put in the shoes of other people and feel their emotions/physical conditions (Involuntarily or Voluntarily). I don't know what others' experiences are, but for me, the heaviness of the emotional web from those around me all compress at my heart-center (heart chakra) and it can be very overwhelming x(( Some people say I have social-anxiety, but it's just me preferring to be alone from time to time and have space to breathe. :(

I was just wondering if this is common among clairsentient beings? that certain period in a week/month where you suddenly wish to detach from the world due to overloads of energies and feelings??

Please, I would love to know what many other people with this empathic abilities experience?? As I get really confused at times (especially when I have nobody else to talk to that won't say I'm crazy xP ) I would love to be able to interact with people of the same situation. xDD Thank you so much!
~ Tarot-reader
~ Empath
~ Truth-seeker
~ Music-lover

<3
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Empathic abilities

tataadlaw
Administrator
Being an empath is a natural thing for most of us. The good thing about being an empath is that a person with this kind of ability can easily understand the feelings of the people around him or her. But if it's not properly dealt with, it can cause him or her to be emotionally disturbed or exhausted, thus sabotaging his or her own health in the process. If you are an empath, you don't just put your feet in the shoes of ther people, you should also act on it. Let's say you feel that your friend is going through a tough time, you don't just sit there and do nothing. You ask your friend if he or she is alright and try to make him or her feel better. This way you also release yourself from the negative emotions you voluntary o involuntary absorbed. Just a friendly reminder: "empathy without compassion is not a good thing".

Reply | Threaded
|

WhiteMage
Hi tataadlaw! Thank you for your insight and response! Yes, I was always keen on acting upon those certain negative emotions that I feel, but sadly, only to people close to me (Family and Friends). What's frightening to me is when I go out to the public, like I somehow randomly embody the energies and emotional situations of people around. It's like going out in a sea of emotions and bathing yourself with them x((

Sometimes it gets difficult because I don't wish to go ask random stranger if they were fine and etc.. I would look like a creep/psycho. xDD

But yeah, I'm quite glad that empathy is a natural state for most, I was just wondering if you (or others) have been so deeply in tune to the emotions of everybody in a certain block/area where it's almost unbearable that you just have to walk away X(( Like you can almost touch the thoughts/emotions of people most especially when those certain thoughts/emotions are directed at you (when random people stare at me etc.) It gets exhausting at times. xDD
~ Tarot-reader
~ Empath
~ Truth-seeker
~ Music-lover

<3
Reply | Threaded
|

tataadlaw
Administrator
I understand that because I, too, was experiencing that before. But you should learn how to turn off your psychic abilities for your own protection. Ask your Higher Self to turn them on only when you need them.

Reply | Threaded
|

WhiteMage
Ahh I see! That is indeed nice to know that you were able to experience such intensity. Hmm, I guess you are right. I'll start praying about being able to turn off my psychic abilities whenever I wish to from now on. Thank you so much for your insight, Mr. Tataadlaw. :D
~ Tarot-reader
~ Empath
~ Truth-seeker
~ Music-lover

<3
Reply | Threaded
|

Gilla
In reply to this post by WhiteMage
Empaths usually have Pisces in their moon, although the tribe in which their Pisces moves will also affect how this manifests in their relationships with people. Like what Sir Tata said, you need to learn to turn off your link to other people otherwise it can drain you. It can leave you listless and wondering what you did to receive their negative energies (because you are technically a sponge). You need to learn to detach yourself from people and to say no when you feel them feeding off of you. The same is true if you are a Virgo because this can also mean that you are receptive of the energies around you because you are attuned to patterns and energies.
May the light guide you to where you need to go and not where you want to be.
Reply | Threaded
|

Aurora Borealis
In my experience as an empath,  there were times that I suddenly felt tears falling down my face, sudden irritability, fear like a shock absorber. Sudden flatness of things though I was not depressed, sudden unreasonable anger and so on. It turned out that it was the moods around me that I was picking up.

To stay emotionally healthy, keep an optimistic attitude.
Reply | Threaded
|

tataadlaw
Administrator
Aurora Borealis wrote
I agree.

Reply | Threaded
|

Miss A
In reply to this post by Aurora Borealis
Whenever I feel this way, I stay away from all the negativities. I mean people, things, etc. I am a type of person who would rather spend time with nature and animals. 

On Wed, May 9, 2018, 8:52 PM Aurora Borealis [via NatureOz Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:
In my experience as an empath,  there were times that suddenly felt tears falling down my cheeks, sudden irritability like a shock absorber. Sudden flatness of things though I was not depressed, sudden unreasonable anger and so on. It turned out that it was the moods around me that I was picking up.

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.natureoz.com/Empathic-abilities-tp224p756.html
To start a new topic under Psychic Abilities, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from NatureOz Forum, click here.
NAML
Reply | Threaded
|

Aurora Borealis
This post was updated on .
Yes Miss A, walking away is one of the solution like White Mage do, but in my case, the distance doesn’t matter, when people become attached they tend to have connections in someway, it’s stronger when someone who is also an empath connected, the best thing for me to do is either pray for their calmness or like what you did, divert the attention to the things that may ease the mind and emotions like nature, pets, movies, music  , Facebook or other social interactions.

Sometimes it’s feels crazy when too many emotions and informations are coming in but you must know how to ease yourself and filter. It’s like when  you have a fever, you know what to take and do ( so if symptoms persist, consult your doctor  ).

Don’t let it ruin your day, most importantly, don’t let it change you to your worst, just be an observer not an absorber. :)
Reply | Threaded
|

Gilla
As a Virgo, the best way for me to get rid of the energies that overwhelm me is to be left alone for a good hour. Meditate and just simply let go of the energies that I just absorbed. Alam mo naman, Divi is the place to go for cheap finds but it's also the place where so many energies can be found because of all the people there. So after a trip to places as crowded as Divi, I always need to be left alone. Another method through which I release these energies is through cleaning. My partner always tells me that "it's such a Virgo thing" to see cleaning as my cleansing method (and form of R&R).

For my partner, he releases energy through tai chi, by submerging his hands in water or touching fire. When a person he's close to is sick, he absorbs their pain. E.g. when I'm suffering from dysmenorrhea, he would feel pain in his lower back and feet and then I would feel much better. Yun lang nga, he's the one in pain. So I always ask him to go out of the house when I'm not feeling well, or to not bother with me because I don't want him to carry that burden. When it's someone else in the family who isn't feeling/doing well, makikita mo talaga that he's maputla and in pain. So we go home right away, or I ask him to distract himself and not interact. The moment he detaches from the person, he feels better agad. So ayun, there are empaths who have it "harder" in my opinion.
May the light guide you to where you need to go and not where you want to be.

Home / Giveaway / Subscribe / Shop / Blog

NatureOz Logo
Abra | Agusan del Norte | Agusan del Sur | Aklan | Albay | Antique | Apayao | Aurora | Basilan | Bataan | Batanes | Batangas | Benguet | Biliran | Bohol | Bukidnon | Bulacan | Cagayan | Camarines Norte | Camarines Sur | Camiguin | Capiz | Catanduanes | Cavite | Cebu | Compostela Valley | Cotabato | Davao del Norte | Davao del Sur | Davao Occidental | Davao Oriental | Dinagat Islands | Eastern Samar | Guimaras | Ifugao | Ilocos Norte | Ilocos Sur | Iloilo | Isabela | Kalinga | | La Union | Laguna | Lanao del Norte | Lanao del Sur | Leyte | Maguindanao | Marinduque | Masbate | Metro Manila | Misamis Occidental | Misamis Oriental | Mountain Province | Negros Occidental | Negros Oriental | Northern Samar | Nueva Ecija | Occidental Mindoro | Oriental Mindoro | Palawan | Pampanga | Pangasinan | Quezon | Quirino | Rizal | Romblon | Samar | Sarangani | Siquijor | Sorsogon | South Cotabato | Southern Leyte | Sultan Kudarat | Sulu | Surigao del Norte | Surigao del Sur | Tarlac | Tawi-Tawi | Zambales | Zamboanga del Norte | Zamboanga del Sur | Zamboanga Sibugay