How did you discover the esoteric, occult or any practices? How did you explore and practice it? Please share your stories...

Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

How did you discover the esoteric, occult or any practices? How did you explore and practice it? Please share your stories...

Conjuro
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: How did you discover the esoteric, occult or any practices? How did you explore and practice it? Please share your stories...

tataadlaw
Administrator
I started reasearching about esoteric arts when I was 13 years old. My curiosity began when my high school classmate gave me a book about witchcraft and a deck of tarot cards. I also compiled newsletter clippings about occult knowledge. And I saved money from my school allowance to buy occult books from National Bookstore. That's the time I started learning about spell casting and divining.

When I was exposed to my grandmother's spiritual workings (she's a spiritual healer), I began to research about the traditional healing methods so I purchased "Mga Panibagong Tawas", a book written by Tony Perez.

And when I graduated from high school, I met a practitioner and he asked me to join their coven. When I became part of a coven I received guidance. The coven led me to correct my practice to veer towards doing good. Because of them, I became wise in using magick.

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: How did you discover the esoteric, occult or any practices? How did you explore and practice it? Please share your stories...

Conjuro
I also have the copy of Panibagong tawas. I started to explore the esoteric and occult after watching the movie the Craft and when I was a second year high school student. One of my classmates got a copy of Panibagong Kulam by Tony Perez and he gave it to me. I started collecting some stuff listed in the book such as representation of the four elements, principal etc. I met my first teacher in the craft when I was in third year high school. My student teacher saw me reading the book and she introduced me to her classmate who was involved in Wicca. We talked and she introduced her craft that she worships Diana and her coven celebrates esbat and sabbat. She gave me some copies of spells and the Wiccan rede and after that I wrote my first book of shadows. After graduation from high school, she invited me to celebrate Samhain together with her coven. I was so thrilled, we casted the circle, invoked the quarters etc. I started to collect books and articles about magic and witchcraft. My teacher gave me a deck of playing cards to practice divination and I purchased my first tarot deck when I was in 2nd year in college. When I reached third year college in 2003, I discovered that my paternal grandfather was a healer and a sorcerer after receiving a very old libreta from my father. He told me a lot of stories about my grandfather's adventure in the occult. Unfortunately, my grandfather passed away during that time. After joining the spirit questor in 2007, I was exposed to different occult practices and magical tradition. From Wicca, Hermetics, spiritism, Shamanism, Hoodoo, Voodoo, Santeria to Philippine esoteric arts. During my hoodoo and voodoo practice, I prayed hard to my ancestors to help me to find the meaning of the words written in my old libreta and to find a mentor that would guide me further to the deeper esoteric knowledge. Luckily, I found one and I was able to discover some secrets in the Philippine esoteric occult arts and my  learning never ends.....
Reply | Threaded
|

tataadlaw
Administrator
Indeed, learning never ends.

Reply | Threaded
|

Gilla
In reply to this post by Conjuro
I discovered it when I was 7. I think. I remember being bullied in school and whenever I get muscle spasms on my right eye, the person who hurt me would inevitably get hurt. At first, I honestly thought it was pure coincidence. But it happened more often until I realized hey, I can actually hurt the people who hurt me. I could also control my dreams from an early age, can astral project, and do remote viewing - though no one in my family could explain it to me and would shrug it off and say it's just my imagination.

Things changed drastically for me when I turned 8, moved schools and met one of my childhood best friends. We delved into the unknown together, we even had a family of elves as friends in our school. Then my sister, who knew about my interest in witchcraft and thought it was a harmless interest, gave me a Wiccan book which I loved. I was, I think, 11 at the time. I practiced the spells alone, I would devour it at night when everyone was asleep.  It got confiscated by my Dad a few years later and had it checked by his friend who practiced Witchcraft. I would have loved to be mentored by her but obviously, my Dad wouldn't hear of it. Turns out I was doing all the right stuff all by myself and she told my Dad to return it to me on my 18th birthday because by then, I would be ready. I never got it back. Since then, I've been practicing on an off, focusing mostly on divination and trying to hone my other skills that are not related to spell casting and conjuring of spirits because of some experiences that haunted me.
May the light guide you to where you need to go and not where you want to be.
Reply | Threaded
|

Conjuro
Kaya tayo na at mangulam
Reply | Threaded
|

Gilla
Would love to learn from you, Conjuro :) Lalo na the Filipino practices because I know nothing of them, and I don't know anyone who knows anything about them.
May the light guide you to where you need to go and not where you want to be.
Reply | Threaded
|

Conjuro
Ay naku I don't know anything about it nagbabasa basa lang ako hehehhe. I'm student and just a practitioner. If you really want to learn, hanap ka ng mga matatandang practitioner saka marami naman books about Phil esoterics at Filipino ang authors...

Home / Giveaway / Subscribe / Shop / Blog

NatureOz Logo
Abra | Agusan del Norte | Agusan del Sur | Aklan | Albay | Antique | Apayao | Aurora | Basilan | Bataan | Batanes | Batangas | Benguet | Biliran | Bohol | Bukidnon | Bulacan | Cagayan | Camarines Norte | Camarines Sur | Camiguin | Capiz | Catanduanes | Cavite | Cebu | Compostela Valley | Cotabato | Davao del Norte | Davao del Sur | Davao Occidental | Davao Oriental | Dinagat Islands | Eastern Samar | Guimaras | Ifugao | Ilocos Norte | Ilocos Sur | Iloilo | Isabela | Kalinga | | La Union | Laguna | Lanao del Norte | Lanao del Sur | Leyte | Maguindanao | Marinduque | Masbate | Metro Manila | Misamis Occidental | Misamis Oriental | Mountain Province | Negros Occidental | Negros Oriental | Northern Samar | Nueva Ecija | Occidental Mindoro | Oriental Mindoro | Palawan | Pampanga | Pangasinan | Quezon | Quirino | Rizal | Romblon | Samar | Sarangani | Siquijor | Sorsogon | South Cotabato | Southern Leyte | Sultan Kudarat | Sulu | Surigao del Norte | Surigao del Sur | Tarlac | Tawi-Tawi | Zambales | Zamboanga del Norte | Zamboanga del Sur | Zamboanga Sibugay