How to explain witchcraft to non-witchy people?

Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

How to explain witchcraft to non-witchy people?

wendronwitch
When someone talks about witchcraft in a negative way, how do you guys react? I always get frustrated because people speak on things they know nothing about. I need ways to remain calm. πŸ˜‚
festina lente ~ make haste slowly
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: How to explain witchcraft to non-witchy people?

Lilith71
I never engage any with discussionsome of Wiccan,  witchcraft or anything related to it especially if they are not into it, because majority of Filipinos are not open to these ideas, unless they are part of a forum like this. And also for protection purposes.
Reply | Threaded
|

wendronwitch
Lilith71 wrote
I never engage any with discussionsome of Wiccan,  witchcraft or anything related to it especially if they are not into it, because majority of Filipinos are not open to these ideas, unless they are part of a forum like this. And also for protection purposes.

Ako din naman if I can avoid it. But people see my liked and shared posts on Facebook and they see my crystals so I get asked quite a lot. I explain everything in the simplest way I know and I still get prodded no matter how dismissive I already am. πŸ˜† Some even try to question and admonish me, like my elder relatives who look at witchcraft as plain demonic. As much as ayoko na lang patulan, I just can't stand the fact that they insult a practice they know nothing about so I get all defensive. πŸ˜…
Reply | Threaded
|

Lilith71
I'm careful to whom I share my posts on FB especially to those not into witchcraft.  Di mo ma sabi baka maging target ka ng kung sinu-sino. Besides, even though it's enshrined in our Constitution the freedom of religion, Wicca is still not openly accepted here, especially those practicing dark magick.
Reply | Threaded
|

wendronwitch
You are right on that. Although I share witchy posts on my FB β€”they are limited mostly to quotes and photos of beautiful crystals. I never claim or announce that I practice. I just express my interest. And that still arouses attention/questions  to a certain extent. 🀣 And since I am not about to stop posting about stuff I love, perhaps I will have to learn how to ignore and dismiss these people.
Reply | Threaded
|

tataadlaw
Administrator
In reply to this post by wendronwitch
You don't have to prove anything to non-witchy people. Secrecy is power WendronWitch!

Reply | Threaded
|

Gilla
I don't bother. Because they will not understand and they will not accept it. I will be judged as a sinner simply because I believe there is more to this world than textbook religious groups. I was once asked by [/] why I preferred to thank the Universe vs thanking Jesus/God. I said that I see them as one and the same - the source of the many things we enjoy on this planet. They didn't believe me and they literally wanted to extract everything in me just to prove that even I didn't believe what I just said. They wonder why my prayers aren't formula prayers and I say that prayers should be personal and not memorized. Mahirap. They will just judge you, and misunderstand you. There will even be a point where they will blame you for things that have gone wrong because of your belief system. They will hold it against you and make you out to be the worst kind of scum on this planet. I don't share my interests with people unless they show me that they're interested in them first. I don't like anything on facebook, nor follow pages on instagram. They don't see anything out of the usual when they visit my home.  You will not see anything about my beliefs posted on my social media profiles because they are sacred and they are mine :)
May the light guide you to where you need to go and not where you want to be.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gilla
In reply to this post by Lilith71
Lilith71 wrote
Wicca is still not openly accepted here, especially those practicing dark magick.
Touche. A lot of people will call you evil just because your beliefs are "not normal" by their standards. Our country is not the most welcoming when it challenges the belief system that most of us has grown up with. They will literally trample on your person so wag na. Let them live in their own bubble, and you'll get to enjoy yours in peace.
May the light guide you to where you need to go and not where you want to be.
Reply | Threaded
|

Conjuro
It's an art or a craft that utilizes nature's products and personal energy or power to bring goals and wishes to manifestation. It can be used to heal, bless and curse...

Home / Giveaway / Subscribe / Shop / Blog

NatureOz Logo
Abra | Agusan del Norte | Agusan del Sur | Aklan | Albay | Antique | Apayao | Aurora | Basilan | Bataan | Batanes | Batangas | Benguet | Biliran | Bohol | Bukidnon | Bulacan | Cagayan | Camarines Norte | Camarines Sur | Camiguin | Capiz | Catanduanes | Cavite | Cebu | Compostela Valley | Cotabato | Davao del Norte | Davao del Sur | Davao Occidental | Davao Oriental | Dinagat Islands | Eastern Samar | Guimaras | Ifugao | Ilocos Norte | Ilocos Sur | Iloilo | Isabela | Kalinga | | La Union | Laguna | Lanao del Norte | Lanao del Sur | Leyte | Maguindanao | Marinduque | Masbate | Metro Manila | Misamis Occidental | Misamis Oriental | Mountain Province | Negros Occidental | Negros Oriental | Northern Samar | Nueva Ecija | Occidental Mindoro | Oriental Mindoro | Palawan | Pampanga | Pangasinan | Quezon | Quirino | Rizal | Romblon | Samar | Sarangani | Siquijor | Sorsogon | South Cotabato | Southern Leyte | Sultan Kudarat | Sulu | Surigao del Norte | Surigao del Sur | Tarlac | Tawi-Tawi | Zambales | Zamboanga del Norte | Zamboanga del Sur | Zamboanga Sibugay