What crystal is this and what is its known uses?

Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

What crystal is this and what is its known uses?

silvermoon
This post was updated on .

I've had this crystal since I was in college and it has been sitting in my room for years. This was given to me by my father after he went to Siargao to accompany an "arbolaryo" friend of his to help get crystals inside a cave. He said there were other colors as well such as blue. He doesn't know what crystal this is but just got one as a souvenir and later gave it to me.

A person I've recently met told me it's a "batong ara" and he's seen one before in Mt. Banahaw. And he's been told it's used as protection against hexes but it has to be "activated" ("bubuhayin" via rituals or "orasyon") first.

Unfortunately, he wasn't able to know what it's called in English. Anyone here know what this is (particularly what its name in English is, so I can further search about it)? Also, some of its uses you guys may know about, if possible? Thank you.
"The woman is the mother of humankind.
If the woman is asleep, all of her children is asleep.
...It is time to wake up."
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: What crystal is this and what is its known uses?

tataadlaw
Administrator
I think it’s calcite. Calcite is one of the most abundant minerals in our country. They come in various colors (white, yellow, red, orange, blue, green, brown, gray, etc.). I checked mindat.org (https://www.mindat.org/loc-132507.html), and saw that calcite is one of the minerals that can be mined in Caraga region (where Siargao is located).

Calcite is a healing and grounding stone. It increases and amplifies energy. It's also used for protection.

Reply | Threaded
|

silvermoon
 Been wondering for so long about what this crystal is (particularly its name) and what it's for. Hope to utilize it better now. Thank you, Tata Adlaw.
"The woman is the mother of humankind.
If the woman is asleep, all of her children is asleep.
...It is time to wake up."
Reply | Threaded
|

tataadlaw
Administrator
I also asked my crystal lover friends and they confirmed that it's calcite.

Reply | Threaded
|

Lilith71
OH, I have one of those which I got from Mt. Banahaw a long, long time ago. It's still with me though and sitting in my altar. The boy that sold this to me said it came from the cave and sold it for only 20 pesos. I'm wondering what kind o crystal I got. I'll post a photo when I get home later.
Reply | Threaded
|

Miss A
From the cave? Probably a calcite..
Reply | Threaded
|

Lilith71
Yes it came from Mt. Banahaw cave
Reply | Threaded
|

Lilith71

Reply | Threaded
|

Miss A
yeah that is calcite. May ganyan din ako.. 

On Tue, 12 Sep 2017 at 12:50 Lilith71 [via NatureOz Community] <[hidden email]> wrote:

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
To start a new topic under Crystals and Gemstones, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from NatureOz Community, click here.
NAML
Reply | Threaded
|

natureoz
Administrator
Miss A wrote
yeah that is calcite. May ganyan din ako..
I second that!

Home / Giveaway / Subscribe / Shop / Blog

NatureOz Logo
Abra | Agusan del Norte | Agusan del Sur | Aklan | Albay | Antique | Apayao | Aurora | Basilan | Bataan | Batanes | Batangas | Benguet | Biliran | Bohol | Bukidnon | Bulacan | Cagayan | Camarines Norte | Camarines Sur | Camiguin | Capiz | Catanduanes | Cavite | Cebu | Compostela Valley | Cotabato | Davao del Norte | Davao del Sur | Davao Occidental | Davao Oriental | Dinagat Islands | Eastern Samar | Guimaras | Ifugao | Ilocos Norte | Ilocos Sur | Iloilo | Isabela | Kalinga | | La Union | Laguna | Lanao del Norte | Lanao del Sur | Leyte | Maguindanao | Marinduque | Masbate | Metro Manila | Misamis Occidental | Misamis Oriental | Mountain Province | Negros Occidental | Negros Oriental | Northern Samar | Nueva Ecija | Occidental Mindoro | Oriental Mindoro | Palawan | Pampanga | Pangasinan | Quezon | Quirino | Rizal | Romblon | Samar | Sarangani | Siquijor | Sorsogon | South Cotabato | Southern Leyte | Sultan Kudarat | Sulu | Surigao del Norte | Surigao del Sur | Tarlac | Tawi-Tawi | Zambales | Zamboanga del Norte | Zamboanga del Sur | Zamboanga Sibugay