What do you think is the difference between shamanism and witchcraft?

Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

What do you think is the difference between shamanism and witchcraft?

Conjuro
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: What do you think is the difference between shamanism and witchcraft?

tataadlaw
Administrator
This post was updated on .
A witch taps into the power of the four elements (air, fire, water and earth) through the use of herbs, crystals, and anything that can be found in nature. He or she uses this accessible source of power to manifest a desire.

A shaman, on the other hand, works with both benevolent and malevolent spirits to aid him/her in his/her spiritual workings.

If you do both, you can call yourself as a "shamanic witch."

Reply | Threaded
|

Conjuro
This post was updated on .
For me witchcraft is a practice of folk magic or a craft that involves the use of nature's products ( herbs, stones etc. ), personal power, seasonal tides for magical purposes and to bring desires or wishes to manifestation. I think witchcraft is deeply rooted in shamanic practices and they share some similarities.
Reply | Threaded
|

tataadlaw
Administrator
I agree.

Reply | Threaded
|

Conjuro
I think some of the practices in witchcraft are originated from shamanism for example acquiring a spirit familiar is practice in witchcraft, however, shamans work with their power animals and animal totems.

Home / Giveaway / Subscribe / Shop / Blog

NatureOz Logo
Abra | Agusan del Norte | Agusan del Sur | Aklan | Albay | Antique | Apayao | Aurora | Basilan | Bataan | Batanes | Batangas | Benguet | Biliran | Bohol | Bukidnon | Bulacan | Cagayan | Camarines Norte | Camarines Sur | Camiguin | Capiz | Catanduanes | Cavite | Cebu | Compostela Valley | Cotabato | Davao del Norte | Davao del Sur | Davao Occidental | Davao Oriental | Dinagat Islands | Eastern Samar | Guimaras | Ifugao | Ilocos Norte | Ilocos Sur | Iloilo | Isabela | Kalinga | | La Union | Laguna | Lanao del Norte | Lanao del Sur | Leyte | Maguindanao | Marinduque | Masbate | Metro Manila | Misamis Occidental | Misamis Oriental | Mountain Province | Negros Occidental | Negros Oriental | Northern Samar | Nueva Ecija | Occidental Mindoro | Oriental Mindoro | Palawan | Pampanga | Pangasinan | Quezon | Quirino | Rizal | Romblon | Samar | Sarangani | Siquijor | Sorsogon | South Cotabato | Southern Leyte | Sultan Kudarat | Sulu | Surigao del Norte | Surigao del Sur | Tarlac | Tawi-Tawi | Zambales | Zamboanga del Norte | Zamboanga del Sur | Zamboanga Sibugay