classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

You can call me 'BlackSun' :)

BlackSun
Hey everyone,

I don't know where to start! But I would like to keep my identity as a secret, and wish to go by the name of 'Black Sun' as a reference to the Mesoamerican myth. I hope you folks wouldn't mind :-)

I am here to learn and share my experiences. I specialize in different divinatory methods (divination is my first love!), although I am very much open to learning and practicing new techniques. I'm into dreams and crystals as well.

My practice has changed over the years. I started out dabbling with witchcraft, then I got into Wicca, and then I decided to become eclectic - but this was years ago.

Now, I would say that my practice is more 'shamanic' in nature... although I am no shaman! I simply incorporate shamanic elements into my system, and wish to explore traditional Filipino practices of healing and divination. (I am Filipina after all, but I communicate better in English).

I used to study the myths of cultures I'm interested in (i.e. Ancient Greek and Egypt), but have since shifted my focus to tribal practices and animistic cultures.

Hopefully, I can be of help to your community at Nature Oz and also learn new things :-)
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: You can call me 'BlackSun' :)

Gilla
Welcome Black Sun! Would love to learn from you since I'm mostly self taught and my knowledge is not as extensive as I would like it to be :)
May the light guide you to where you need to go and not where you want to be.
Reply | Threaded
|

tataadlaw
Administrator
In reply to this post by BlackSun
Welcome to our community!!!

Reply | Threaded
|

BlackSun
In reply to this post by Gilla
Gilla wrote
Welcome Black Sun! Would love to learn from you since I'm mostly self taught
and my knowledge is not as extensive as I would like it to be :)
Quoted from:
http://forum.natureoz.com/You-can-call-me-BlackSun-tp937p940.html

Hello Gilla! Nice to meet you too :-)

There's nothing wrong with being self-taught at all! Although it does pay to have mentors/teachers or people who are generally more experienced than we are.

I am both self-taught and informally mentored by my partner :-) But for the most part, she leaves me alone because we both have our own stuff as individuals. To each his own, as they say.

P.S. Sorry I accidentally sent this as a private message instead of a direct reply to this thread :-o

Hopefully, there are things I can share which you and others can learn from. But I am also still a student in many ways, so I would also appreciate any insight from you or anyone who can humbly share their own learnings and experiences :-)
Reply | Threaded
|

BlackSun
In reply to this post by tataadlaw
tataadlaw wrote
Welcome to our community!!!
Quoted from:
http://forum.natureoz.com/You-can-call-me-BlackSun-tp937p944.html

Thank you po for the warm welcome! I am excited to be a part of your community :-)
Reply | Threaded
|

Aurora Borealis
Hello and welcome BlackSun :)
Reply | Threaded
|

Conjuro
Welcome to the forum Black sun. Since you mentioned about shamanism what particular shamanic practice are you involve?
Reply | Threaded
|

BlackSun
In reply to this post by Aurora Borealis
Aurora Borealis wrote
Hello and welcome BlackSun :)
Quoted from:
http://forum.natureoz.com/You-can-call-me-BlackSun-tp937p955.html

Hello! And thank you for welcoming me!
Reply | Threaded
|

BlackSun
In reply to this post by Conjuro
Conjuro wrote
Welcome to the forum Black sun. Since you mentioned about shamanism what
particular shamanic practice are you involve?
Quoted from:
http://forum.natureoz.com/You-can-call-me-BlackSun-tp937p964.html

Thank you for the welcome

I currently combine Aztec belief system (and some of their practices) with traditional Filipino animism. I intend to explore Bon Shamanism soon.

I already have resources and people I may be able to learn from, I just don't have the time because of work.

*** It is worth noting that the Aztecs were NOT a shamanic tribe. They were a complex society with a religious system - they had priests, not shamans. However, many of their rituals suggest that prior to their establishment of a society, they must have been a shamanic tribe.
Reply | Threaded
|

Conjuro
Thank you for your response. Is Bon shamanism similar to the practices of a Lhapa and Ngakpa? I guess your familiar with the use of phurba. I'm really interested to know more of the use of this instrument in healing. Nice meeting you here I wish I could learn more about your shamanic practices. I also study shamanism and a student of phil esoteric. I met a Peruvian curandera before who specializes in ayahuasca and kambo ceremony....
Reply | Threaded
|

Gilla
Hi BlackSun, I agree it's helpful to have mentors :) Can't divulge my interest fully to the people around me because they're not that open about these kinds of things. I am lucky to know a few people who are into them, and whom I can learn from but mostly, I'm left to learn things on my own :)
May the light guide you to where you need to go and not where you want to be.

Home / Giveaway / Subscribe / Shop / Blog

NatureOz Logo
Abra | Agusan del Norte | Agusan del Sur | Aklan | Albay | Antique | Apayao | Aurora | Basilan | Bataan | Batanes | Batangas | Benguet | Biliran | Bohol | Bukidnon | Bulacan | Cagayan | Camarines Norte | Camarines Sur | Camiguin | Capiz | Catanduanes | Cavite | Cebu | Compostela Valley | Cotabato | Davao del Norte | Davao del Sur | Davao Occidental | Davao Oriental | Dinagat Islands | Eastern Samar | Guimaras | Ifugao | Ilocos Norte | Ilocos Sur | Iloilo | Isabela | Kalinga | | La Union | Laguna | Lanao del Norte | Lanao del Sur | Leyte | Maguindanao | Marinduque | Masbate | Metro Manila | Misamis Occidental | Misamis Oriental | Mountain Province | Negros Occidental | Negros Oriental | Northern Samar | Nueva Ecija | Occidental Mindoro | Oriental Mindoro | Palawan | Pampanga | Pangasinan | Quezon | Quirino | Rizal | Romblon | Samar | Sarangani | Siquijor | Sorsogon | South Cotabato | Southern Leyte | Sultan Kudarat | Sulu | Surigao del Norte | Surigao del Sur | Tarlac | Tawi-Tawi | Zambales | Zamboanga del Norte | Zamboanga del Sur | Zamboanga Sibugay